Terms & conditions
Unless indicated otherwise in relation to specific content, this website and its contents are copyright to Landcare Research New Zealand Limited. Content may be copied for personal, non-profit or educational purposes provided that the source is acknowledged. The information must not be used for commercial purposes without prior written consent from Manaaki Whenua.
If you need to cite the Land Resources Portal website in an article or report, please use the following citation:
Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research 2023. The Land Resources Portal. https://doi.org/10.7931/jcxt-7w80
The information on this website has been compiled from numerous sources and not all of it originates from Manaaki Whenua. We cannot guarantee that the information is complete, correct or up to date and we do not accept responsibility for any actions taken in reliance on it or consequences arising from the use of it.
We do not warrant that the website, services or pages linked to it, or the internet generally will be uninterruptible or error free or that any information, software, data or other material accessible from this site are free of viruses or other harmful components.
This website is available for use on an "as is" and "as available" basis and without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Except as required by law, we cannot and do not warrant the content, performance or results you may obtain by using this website and no warranties, expressed or implied, are given as to non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose.
Limitation of liability
Subject to any liability that may not be excluded or limited by law, we shall not be liable on any legal basis (including, without limitation, negligence) and hereby expressly exclude all liability for loss or damage howsoever and whenever caused to you.
Monitoring of website
While we accept no obligation to monitor the use of this site, we reserve the right to disclose any information as required by law, to block access to you, your agents, associates or your company and take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable laws. We will also in our absolute discretion fully co-operate with the relevant authorities with respect to any investigation of suspected unlawful activity or violation of the website's security.
Availability of Website
We may suspend the operation of the website for repair or maintenance work or in order to update the contents or functionality of the website, and we reserve the right to modify or terminate the website for any reason without notice at any time.
Linking to other websites
We are not responsible for any information contained on sites to which this website provides links nor any third party content that can be accessed through this website. The inclusion of any link to a website is not an endorsement of the linked site and we do not necessarily endorse the views expressed on that web site. Third party content linked to from the website may have separate terms and conditions and it is your responsibility to comply with them.
Linking to this website
You are welcome to link to pages on this website; however, links should not state or imply that the material is the copyright of anyone other than the relevant copyright holder. Linking to this website from any other website or organisation does not imply an endorsement of any kind.
Your access to and use of this website, and the information on it, are governed exclusively by New Zealand law.
- By using this site you agree, and are deemed, to be bound by the following Terms. If you choose not to be bound by the following Terms, then Landcare Research does not grant you the right to use this site.
- You acknowledge that Landcare Research acts as the provider of this website.
- You agree that you will not attempt to alter this site nor employ any robot, spider, or other device or process or means whatever to use this site for any unauthorised purposes.
- You agree not to:
- make excessive traffic demands;
- deliver viruses or forward any other system which is of a destructive nature or capable of so being whether alone or in combination;
- otherwise engage in any other behaviour that may be reasonably expected to inhibit other users from using and enjoying the site;
- damage or destroy the reputation of Landcare Research.
- You also acknowledge that Landcare Research may suspend the operation of the SCD website for repair or maintenance work or in order to update the contents or functionality of the website.
Landcare Research’s Obligations
- We accept no obligation to monitor the use of this site. However, we reserve the right to disclose any information as required by law, to block access to you, your agents, associates or your company and take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable laws.
- We will, at our absolute discretion, fully co-operate with the relevant authorities with respect to any investigation of suspected unlawful activity or violation of the website's security.
- We do not warrant that the SCD website or the internet generally will be uninterruptible or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible from this site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- We are not responsible for any information contained on sites which this website provides links to, nor any third party content which can be accessed through this website. The inclusion of any link to a website is not an endorsement of the linked site.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the BCD website for any reason without notice at any time.
Landcare Research New Zealand Limited has a legal obligation to comply with the Privacy Act 2020. Please read our full Privacy Statement here.
Changes to terms
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time and by continuing to use the website after the Terms have been varied you agree and are deemed to be bound by the variation.
Enquiries or complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints about the information or services provided by this website then please send us your feedback for further information on how to contact us.
We will only record your email address if you send us a message. Your email address, if supplied to us, will only be used for the purpose for which you provided it. We will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
These Terms were last reviewed on 1 November 2023